Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Small Things..

Today I was so happy to recieve a package in the mail. Well nearly in the mail, the posty delivered it to the wrong street, but the lady came and delivered it to me herself. I'm just a bit worried she though my seeds may have been something else... I hope not :( I met her out the front with my little boy. Not a good look.

Anyways I had recently contacted a seedsaver group that is positioned about 70k away (what I thought was the closest one) And discussed scavanging any extra seeds they may have. And boy did I score.
It was from the Beelarong Community Farm btw. Situated at morningside.

So I opened it to find :

First Fleet Lettuce
Verigated Marrigold
Masagascar Climbing Beans
Large Tuber Pumpkin
Italian Parsley
Cellery
Corriander

All saved from their little farm :D

It really really made my day considering I only really have seeds I have bought from bunnings ect. I really wanted to get started in collecting open pollinated, organic and heirloom varieties. So I have a big boost now :)

Now just to find the perfect spot for them all. I am most excited about the beautiful beans. And the Lettuce that I had seem Forest save seeds from on Aussies Living Simply.

What a day :D


No comments: