Monday, February 2, 2009

Well tonight I am going to sew a few seeds for the end of summer.  I will try some of the new tomatoes I got today.

Jaune Flammee Tomato
Purple Russian Egg Tomato

Some of the capsicums I had laying around.  I only got a couple to germinate and they didn't really progress, and I neglected them.

I am planning to do some beans along the chicken fence, Once I work out exactly what I am doing with that and how to fence them in.  Either Blue Lake or Madagascar Beans.  

I should do a couple of Jap pumpkins.  But I should mow the backyard first, and just do some no dig plantings.  

Herbs, Italian Parsley, Basil and Coriander.

Potatoes will need to go in soon too.  

I have some Kumera (orange sweet potato) Sprouting too.  The one I had was the purple with white flesh.

The white eggplants out the front are looking good, and so are the tropic tomatoes.  T gave me these from a guy who sells them at one-mile markets.  

I don't think I will put to much effort into the brassicas, I just don't have the time to keep the moths and caterpillars off of them :(

I will do some lettuce at the end of feb, and I would also like to make sure I have some of the large pigeon Pea growing.  I think the ones I have might all be the small ones.  

I will need to start clearing out my eggplants and such from the back door garden, the plastic is cracking over the treated pine sleepers.  I will start that garden again, with them covered better or painted.  

That reminds me to get some sage rooting too.

Well my plans didn't happen :P





No comments: